Employment verification inquires may be faxed to (916) 561-4501.
Resumes are regularly reviewed when submitted in response to posted job vacancies. For consideration, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title you are applying for noted in the subject header. Applicants who most closely meet the skills required of an open position will be contacted directly by someone from our staff.
Phone calls, in-person visits or resume status inquiries are not available due to high applicant volume.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision benefits, and employer-paid life/accidental death/long-term disability insurance, 401(k) match, 9 paid holidays, paid vacation, an onsite café, exercise facility and covered parking garage.
Program Director, Young Farmers & Ranchers and Leadership Farm Bureau
- Maintain current, thorough, and accurate database and files of program participants, leaders, and contacts, including members of the YF&R state committee and county chairs, and Leadership Farm Bureau alumni.
- Compile and draft content for the monthly YF&R Snapshot and ensure timely distribution to targeted audiences
- Promote programs via social media by generating and communicating relevant content regarding upcoming events, awards and accomplishments on established Facebook page.
- Ensure program information is current and comprehensive on CFBF website by maintaining content updates with the CFBF Website Coordinator.
- Create and compile materials for program meetings and training sessions.
- Respond to and fulfill requests for program information and materials from county Farm Bureaus, and other interested parties.
- Coordinate, plan and execute all aspects of the annual YF&R Leadership Conference with assistance from the YF&R state committee. Determine conference content, speakers, and entertainment while maintaining an appropriate budget and sponsor involvement. Assist committee members in promoting the conference and manage the registration process.
- Administer the annual YF&R recognition programs- Collegiate Discussion Meet, Committee of the Year and YF&R of the Year at the Leadership Conference, the Excellence in Agriculture Award, the Achievement Award and the Discussion Meet at the CFBF Annual Meeting
- Administer the annual AFBF and CFBF County Activities of Excellence awards and coordinate CFBF’s involvement in the AFBF State Awards Program
- Participate in organizing other activities, as necessary, at the CFBF Annual Meeting, including the Farm PAC raffle
- Perform other duties as assigned by Division Manager.
Must have demonstrated proficiency in:
- Bachelors Degree and a minimum of two years of experience in a in program management role.
- Education or experience, paid or volunteer, in the agricultural community preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to generate correspondence according to prescribed business writing standards.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under moderate supervision.
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people, including volunteers, members and elected leaders in an unstructured environment.
California Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom (CFAITC) is dedicated to helping students and teachers across our great state gain an understanding of how agriculture provides the daily essentials necessary to make our society and our world function. With more than 7 million students in California, it is important that these children – the next generation of consumers, parents and decision-makers – grow up with an understanding of agriculture’s critical contributions to our society. Our mission is to increase awareness and understanding of agriculture among California’s educators and students. Our vision is an appreciation of agriculture by all.
- Facilitate writing meetings in an effort to analyze, organize and transform ag concepts into professionally designed, engaging, and effective instructional activities
- Design and deliver ag related educational workshops to teachers and students in a variety of settings including ag and education events and conferences
- Formulate lesson plans, comprehensive units, and supplements and then oversee the pilot testing in classrooms to ensure materials are accurate, consistent and effective
- Write content for a variety of communications and serve as proof editor on others’ work
- Serve as curriculum advisor and expert to AITC Staff members and board
- Facilitate the Agriculture Literacy Coalition Northern and Southern California meetings including event logistics, materials, attendance, and follow up
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, communication or education-related field required
- General knowledge of the agriculture industry and education process in California
- Proven ability to convey information in an engaging and effective manner to an audience in the form of public speaking and in written communications using proper grammar and terminology
- Experience in event coordination and promotion of projects including managing project timelines and budgets
- Valid California Teaching Credential and a minimum of 2 years teaching experience beyond student teaching
- Extensive knowledge of the K-12 California Education Standards including Common Core State Standards, Next Generation Science Standards and Content Standards
- Intermediate or higher proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Basic proficiency in Adobe Acrobat and In Design preferred
- Ability to travel within California (some overnight) 1 to 3 days per month
- Contribute to the success of grants and other funding sources by providing narratives, budgets, timelines and reporting/evaluation for a variety of projects
- Manage multiple concurrent projects as assigned, managing communication, timeline, budgets, promotion and evaluation
- Represent CFAITC at workshops and conferences in both the education and agriculture events at local, state and national events
- Ability to occasionally transport lesson plan boxes weighing up to 45 lbs and set up and tear down educational exhibits at conferences and workshops
- Creative and strategic thinker to assist with the expansion of CFAITC reach